02 03 Pinewood Derby Stories and Photos from Maximum Velocity 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
PINEWOOD DERBY CAR SHOWCASE

Show Cars - Joe Burns



I was at my in-law's house over the holidays, and their neighbor came over and asked if I wanted to see his son's pinewood derby cars. This neighbor works in a body shop and it shows. The cars have an unbelievable amount of detail - the pictures don't do the cars justice. They built all these from scratch without kits like they have today.

Model T - Duane Rubink


This car was built by my dad and me about 34 years ago; it's my pride and joy. My dad is such a talented woodworker. I remember this car ran just like an old model T, shaky and slow, but what a looker! It's pretty old and beat up now, but it is of great value to me.

It's Fast! - John Phillips


I made this car for last year's races. The side rails are 1/32 inch aircraft plywood, with a wire starting bar. I don't really have a name for the car but it is fast!

From Pinewood Derby Times Volume 6, Issue 9

Subscribe to this Free Pinewood Derby E-newsletter

(C)2013, Maximum Velocity, Inc. All rights reserved.

Maximum Velocity Pinewood Derby Car Plans and Supplies
35 36 37 38