02 03 Pinewood Derby Stories and Photos from Maximum Velocity 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
PINEWOOD DERBY CAR SHOWCASE

Church Cross Car - Jim White and Aaron Shain

My grandson and I built this RA pinewood derby car for my son-in-law
(grandson's father). We call it the "Church Cross Car" for obvious
reasons.

Batmobiles - Craig Look

Here are Evan and Jacob's batmobiles. Evan's batmobile is the open-
wheeled version, while Jacob's is the one with the fenders.

Sea Destroyer - Keith, Victoria, and Gabriel D.


Last year (2012) my son Gabriel won his pack race. But when he went
to the district race, reality set in and he found out that he was not
even close to being competitive. Walking out of the race, my son and I
were discussing next year's (2013) car and we decided to do everything
that we could do to make his car the fastest it could be. This year
(2013) my son won his pack race again and was able to compete in the
district race. Overall he had the 5th best time of the 37 cars in his
district. He was very happy with his finish. Thank you for helping
make my son's last race a great and happy experience for him.

From Pinewood Derby Times Volume 13, Issue 1

Subscribe to this Free Pinewood Derby E-newsletter

(C)2013, Maximum Velocity, Inc. All rights reserved.

Maximum Velocity Pinewood Derby Car Plans and Supplies
35 36 37 38