02 03 Pinewood Derby Stories and Photos from Maximum Velocity 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
PINEWOOD DERBY CAR SHOWCASE

Big Wheel - John White

I pushed the design envelope this year; after two years of mulling over an idea this is what I came up with. The two front wheels sit just off the track and are there to keep the car going straight. The center wheel rides down the middle of the track and works the kid's legs. My goal was to make everyone at the race laugh. I wasn't sure what was going to happen: would I qualify, would it make it down the track, run into another car, or just plain fall apart? Well -- mission accomplished! He was just a peddlin'. It wasn't fast by any means, but everyone enjoyed watching it race. And it won "Funniest Car".

Awana Tractor - Doug Kile


I'm a leader with our local Awana program at Valley Community Church in Salinas California. Since Salinas is the "Salad Capital" of the world, you see many of these tractors in the fields around here.

Fast Talker - Frank Tonra

I made this car as the Pace Car for Pack 57 in Toms River. I found the idea for this one online and could not resist making it. Someone else came up with idea but it did not matter, they lined up to see the car and laughed all afternoon. I sent the car to the Districts and got the same result. What a joy to see their faces! It was well, worth the hours of sanding.

From Pinewood Derby Times Volume 8, Issue 3

Subscribe to this Free Pinewood Derby E-newsletter

(C)2014, Maximum Velocity, Inc. All rights reserved

Maximum Velocity Pinewood Derby Car Plans and Supplies
35 36 37 38